Crafts Home >
These lovely lavender sachets will make a sweetly scented gift.
Give as Hostess gifts, bridesmaids gifts,
wedding favors or add to your guest rooms to make your guests feel
special. They're also wonderful tucked into your lingerie
drawers or in the bride's suitcase packed for the honeymoon.
2 - 5 x 7 inch pieces of fabric (you may use any fabric - silks
and satins are recommended)
1/4 cup - Dried Organic Lavender or Lavender Potpourri
Ribbon to finish
1. With right sides of fabric together, facing each other,
stitch 3 sides together leaving one of the smaller sides open.
2. With a hot iron, press the seams open on three sides. Turn right side out
and press corners all the way through using the tip of a pencil.
Press the sachet with a hot iron.
3. Fill dried lavender or potpourri inside.
4. Fold fabric ends in for a clean finish & stitch open
end together. Alternatively, fold 2.5" from top for a 'purse'
5. You may skip the stitching part altogether and use a
store-bought organza bag.
6. Finish with a lovely bow made of matching ribbon.
1. A sewing machine is
recommended, but these are so small that they could easily be hand
2. You may adjust the fabric size for a smaller or larger
3. You may also adjust the Lavender
to suite your senses
4. Be careful not to overfill.
5. Click here for a detailed know-how on
drying and preserving flowers.
With a length of pretty purple ribbon,
tie together a trio of lavender sachets, all three made with
similar colored but differently printed fabric. Give as Hostess
gifts, bridesmaids gifts, wedding favors or add to your guest
rooms to make your guests feel special.