Crafts Home >
Cottage Apron with Pot Holders
Mom a pretty and cheerful apron with matching set of pot holders
for Mother's Day. Use bright colors inspired by the changing
season so Mom will love doing kitchen and gardening chores wearing
her new gift.
What you will need:
matching material for potholders
scraps of material for patchwork
2 10"x12" pieces of fibre/thermal batting
1. Make 3 appliqués of cottage using pattern pieces. Cut out
cottage, roof and door. Fuse or appliqué pieces place to form
2. Sew one prepared cottage appliqué on to the apron in center
leaving the top unattached to form a pocket.
3. Take 4 pcs of matching material 10"x12" for potholders. Layer
with thermal batting.
4. Sew the cottage appliqué on to the pot holders.
5. Bind the pot holders with bias binding, making a loop at the
centre for hanging.