Crafts Home >
Balloon Ice Cream Cone Decorations
Fashion ice-cream cones out of thick paper such as old wall
calendars and tape on balloons to make them look like ice-cream
cones. Large decorations like these will set the theme for your
Ice Cream or Summer themed party.
you will need:
- Large sheets of thick paper like card stock, old wall
calendar paper, old glossy magazines or newspapers etc.
- Round Blown-up Balloons preferably in pastel colors - one
for each decoration
- Poster or Acrylic Paints
- Clear Tape
- Double Sided Tape
- Computer & Printer - Optional
1. Make a cone out of your paper using glue or tape to close. Our
cone turned out to be 16" long (including the balloon). The width
of the mouth should be kept such that the balloon fits in. Cut
uneven parts from top to level the edges.
2. Cover working surface with newspapers or old cloth pieces and
paint your cone in amber yellow color. You can use any other color
as well. You don't need to be too neat and don't use too much
color to hide the printed stuff on your paper. Just give the
entire cone a yellow-brown-orange tone. Since it will be a large
surface, a good idea is to dip a cotton ball in paint and rub on
the cone surface. A large paint brush will work fine too.
3. Let the cone dry for 15-20 minutes.
4. Place the balloon on the cone and use clear tape to fix it to
the edges of the mouth of the cone. Place the tape horizontally in
such a way that half the tape is on the balloon and the remaining
half on the cone. Go all around the cone in the same way to ensure
that your balloon stays in place.
5. Print off the words 'I Scream You Scream For Ice Cream' on your
printer and cut in strips as shown. Glue these strips however you
like on the cone. You can also choose to decorate the cone in any
other way or just keep it like that.
6. Use the decorations wherever you like. We taped ours on the
walls and windows using double sided tape.