Cooking & Entertaining >
Diaper Cake Centerpiece
This centerpiece will look adorable on the snack table or
a gift table and it can double as a gift for the
you will need:
1. Package of diapers (you may want to get two different
2. Rubber bands
3. Ribbon in blue, pink or yellow
4. Round glass plate
5. Teething ring
6. Five birthday candles in blue, pink or yellow
7. Masking tape
8. Other small gifts related to diapers such as diaper
rash ointment, a diaper pad etc.
1. Begin by rolling the diapers and putting them in a
rubber band. Continue doing this until you have a round
mass of diapers about as large as the glass plate. If
needed replace the original rubber band with a larger
2. Create a second layer for the "cake" following the
directions in step one only use fewer diapers.
3. You can replace some of the inner diapers with the
small gifts. So that when the mom-to-be opens it when she
gets home she will have a few more surprises.
4. Wrap the ribbon around the diapers to cover the rubber
bands. Tie bows in the front or use masking tape to keep
the ribbon on.
5. Decorate the top of the "cake" with the teething ring
and the birthday candles.