Home & Lifestyle
>> Home Decorating
Frugal Decorating for a Wedding Banquet Hall
I love to use "frugal" decorating... I think people appreciate it
more too. Here are a few ideas...
1. Music: couple of boom boxes, or a portable stereo, play
the music the couple enjoys the most. Or, big band era, 50's,
something fun but not annoying.
2. Luminaries for the walk: Spray paint sturdy lunch bags
gold and then use stakes, and string Christmas lights inside them.
Or, cut a hole in the bottom of the bags stick the light bulbs
inside and hang them upside down like Chinese lanterns.
3. Tulle bag of candy: I think the little tulle bag
of candy is a good idea definitely cheaper...
4. Pictures: If you wanted to have pictures of the couple,
why not enlist someone from the family to create a collage from
their marriage to know. Maybe poster size to 8 x 10 and sit on the
5. Sign-in table: Get one of those $4.00 round tables from
Wal-Mart and a nice starched white sheet to table cloth. You could
get the glass for on top and put pictures under the glass. A single
taper candle and a bud vase with a single rose.
You could create a small heritage scrapbook with each a picture on
side and on the other side your guest can sign and say a little
something about that is specific to the picture. (by the way, I
made one for my parents and it was great. they really loved to look
back on it.)
6. Cake table: Again, use one of those round tables from
Wal-Mart. Starched tablecloth or sheet. If you're using the glass,
then you can place pictures on the perimeter of the cake. I think a
gold tablecloth with a lacey topper would be pretty.
7. Candles: Take some old jars fill half-way with colored
sand, insert small votive candles inside. You can easily color
playground sand with food coloring. Fill gallon size ziploc bag
with sand drop food coloring, seal bag real good, and squish...
it's a lot of fun too. Tie some pretty lace or ribbon with a little
card at the top of the jars. Later, you can raffle them off as door
8. Colors: I think it's real important to another color too.
Purple is a great compliment to the gold. It will look very pretty
in photographs. See if you can get a large purple flat sheet, hang
it behind where the couple are sitting and affix a big 50 on it.
You could probably print them out on the computer using sturdy
cardstock for the numbers and double-faced tape. It will also give
a nice backdrop for the photos.
9. Table setting: Have you tried the "dollar store" for your
plates and silverware? Sometime if you call there they can hold it
for you. Try imaginative napkin folding; you can do ahead of time.
That is always a big eye catcher.
10. Checklist: Put together a 3 checklist's for yourself.
Do Ahead OF Time, Who You Call and Time To Go...